[school-discuss] Arduino in public high schools: requests, questions, comments, criticism

Figured I should make this a separate post:

I have a part time job working for Arduino (arduino.cc), preparing educational materials.

I'm working on a curriculum for high schools. I'd love any thoughts you have, such as:

Have you heard about Arduino?

Why would you want to, or not want to, use Arduino in your classroom?

What would you like to see in such a course?

Would you prefer to write your own course or have one prepared? Perhaps you would take the prepared one and modify to suit your needs?

What equipment would you need?

Would you want training? What works best, evenings? Weekends? Summer or winter break intensives?

Anything else come to mind?

Michael
###