Re: [school-discuss] Knoppix vs. Freeduc vs. ???

On 06 Jun 2003 12:02:56 +0100
Richard Smedley <richard.smedley@livepublishing.co.uk> wrote:

      The great thing about Free Software is *choice*
      Mandrake, SuSE and Red Hat are going after users
      who have only ever known Wintel computing. However
      the same kernel and toolchain are found in the
      already mentioned Vector, and Peanut Linux.

I agree with you that choice is good. However we should not forget also
that the school system also needs networked system tailored to their
specifics needs. It is just a matter of time to see specific admin tool
for schools and there is no reason such tools cannot be
cross-distribution :)

Hilaire Fernandes