Re: [school-discuss] Recommendations for NECC presentation

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 12:04, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:16:38 -0400
> Doug Loss <drloss@suscom.net> wrote:
>
>       As most of you know, I'll be going to NECC (the National Educational
>       Computing Conference) in Seattle at the end of the month with Harry
>       McGregor of OSEF and Paul Nelson of K12OS.  I'll be representing both
>       SEUL/edu and Schoolforge as a whole (both Harry and Paul will also
>       represent Schoolforge in addition to their own groups).  I have a
>       presentation to give on July 2 (the last day of the conference) about
>       Linux software in education.  I'd like to demonstrate both a courseware
>       application and an administrative application.

I would recommend presenting Gcompris, TuxType2 (just plain tuxtype on
the knoppix for kids), and tuxpaint, all three should be dooable.  Will
you have a projector?  Do you need a projector or laptop?

If you need help let me know, I have my slides ready for linux world,
and will have them on my laptop with me.

Anything I can do to help, send me an email directly
(hmcgregor@osef.org).

		Harry