[school-discuss] book collaboration

I would assume that each "chunk" be it chapter or section would be
primarily authored by one person. As such, that chunk would most likely be
a file.

Therefore the document would be a series of chapters/sections authored by
one person and reviewed by many. I would assume that the proposed changes
would be sent to the author for his/her perusal. The author would/could
then make the updates.

Before authoring starts, an overall design layout should be drafted and a
few (perhaps very few) style guidelines agreed upon. (ie. what is the top
level element used by each author for creating his/her section/chapter.)

In that kind of context what kind of management scheme is required to
manage those files and send suggested updates to the authors?

Les Richardson