Re: [school-discuss] web programs for teachers

Hello,

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 01:38:24 -0700, Jennifer Dozar
<jennifer@orange.zorcat.com> wrote:

> I am trying to research possiblities for web page tools for linux for
> teachers... to set up webpages for their information and such. I would
> rather offer to train them out to write HTML but some admins dont'
> really like that idea. So i'm trying to research possiblities that

If you are not trying to teach them HTML and the main task is to get the
web going, I would use a Wiki, namely TWiki for the task. You could give
each teacher a Web on the site and restrict write access to that site
only to the teacher or a group of teachers. While that goes against the
principle of Wiki, it is a easy way to get a simple yet powerfull web
site going and it will do it fast.

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org