19th conference of the European Schools Project ESP
           Date: March 10-13, 2005
           Place: Järvenpää/Helsinki, Finnland March 10-11,
                  and a cruise on board Helsinki -
                  Stockholm - Hki, March 11-13, 2005.
           Submissions: November 15, 2004

in collaboration with the Comenius 3 networks Comp@ct and ECOLE

The 19th ESP Conference Program Committee cordially invites you to
submit proposals for original, unpublished presentations focusing on:

    * collaborative projects in the Internet,
    * virtual and geographic mobility of learners,
    * the best practices of ICT in education,
    * global use of learning objects,
    * a dialogue between open and not-open source software in education.

Summaries not exceeding 250 words should be submitted (in plain text
format)to mail@educlick.biz for review and possible inclusion in the
program, not later than November 15, 2004. Participation on your own
cost. Estimated conference costs 400 - 450 euro including accommodation
and food, both on land and on board.
NB! Comenius contact seminars included.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:

     * collaborative project methods in my subject and/or my school
     * virtual and geographic learner meetings
     * community building as means of promoting eLearning
     * virtual learning environments in everyday school life
     * introducing digital learning objects into my subject
     * use of digital video/TV in schools
     * organizing computer-mediated work in
       school/educational institute
     * proportioning asynchronous and synchronous work in eLearning
     * whole day school day (8-16) and eLearning
     * (wireless) Internet in the classroom
     * out-of-classroom practices by means of ICT
     * peer to peer networking in educational use
     * next generation mobile networks in schools
     * prospects of mobile learning in education
     * wireless technology - mobilization of learning
     * open source in education
     * training teachers and/or headteachers in eLearning
     * developing media didactics
     * introducing international dimension in schools
     * bringing cross-curricular issues into curriculum
     * implementing ICT strategies into everyday school life
     * safety of the Internet in respect of schools

For additional information, please contact esp19@ilpohalonen.com , or in
case of presentation about a dialogue between Open source and commercial
code software, to Teemu.Leinonen@uiah.fi . Your email subject line should
include "ESP-2005".