Re: [school-discuss] Wireless network ambulance for classrooms w/o wired network connectivity

Thanks Don and Steve!

Daniel

At 03:38 PM 6/8/2005, you wrote:
> I should think that you would be better off using a wireless access
> point and hooking your linux machine into the wired network.

I've done exactly this--I used Linksys wireles access points, which
basically just "bridged" the network when there couldn't be a physical
link.  We have four or five classrooms working this way in an old
Catholic High School where the walls were too thick!  We were able to
get 8 workstations working fine off an access point, with only the
"boot" up showing signs of slowness.

Steve

-- Steve Hargadon 916-899-1400 direct www.technologyrescue.com

Daniel Howard