[school-discuss] Electronic Education Report newsletter discuss-list-interview

Hi all,

Karen Meaney at www.simbainformation.com <blocked::http://www.simbainformation.com/> is looking to gather information for the Electronic Education Report newsletter, and I offered to help facilitate the dialog by posting this and forwarding the responses to her. If anyone would be available to speak to Karen in more detail on one or more of these topics, email me your contact info off list and I'll forward it to her. It sounds like she would be happy to speak in person and gather as much information as she can.

The questions cover a very diverse set of topics that are usually discussed at length individually on this list, so it might be good to just summarize the key points on each of these subjects. Karen also mentioned that she would like to start reviewing responses next Monday if possible.

Thanks,
justin

Karen Meaney wrote:
Electronic Education Report, a business-to-business newsletter from
Simba Information would like to hear the thoughts of the community on
how the open source movement is impacting US K-12 education and the
vendors who provide materials to schools.
Please share some brief thoughts, for publication in the subscription
newsletter, on the following:

What advantages does open source bring to K-12 schools?
What do material providers have to do differently in an open source
environment?
What is the impact on one-to-one computing initiatives?
How will open communities, like Curriki, change K-12 education?
How will open course management systems, like Moodle, change education?
What can we learn from states like Indiana that are leading the way?
Will there be a tipping point where open source software becomes more
widely used than proprietary? When might we expect that?