[school-discuss] geography software

Greetings,

I have a teacher in a middle school looking for something to help teach geography to her students. The stuff in seul/edu looks to be too advanced for a middle school level (7-8th grade), and I haven't found anything relevant elsewhere. I'm thinking along the lines of north/south/east/west coordination, maybe US states/capitals, prominent US geographical features (mountain ranges, etc), use of latitude/longitude. I could make use of programs the students could use, or programs that generate material the teacher can use in class. For that matter, even relevant websites may be of use (she flipped when I showed her the links built into KStars for astronomy :) ).

I know it's not much to go on. Anything y'all can come up with would be much appreciated. The machines are low-end (P1/P-II) linux boxes, but there are also Mac and Windows machines nearby that the instructor could use. Even hardware-intensive software is okay- we'll eventually have better hardware.

Thanks for any help,
Jake