Re: [school-discuss] Contest in GCompris board creation

Hilaire Fernandes wrote:
Depending on our objectives: quality or quantity

We want both, of course.  In great amounts. :-)

To get quality, we could propose some board to be ported (let's say 10),
then the best each board could be rewarded. So this means there will 10
reawrds.

To get quantity, all the relevant boards will be present for the
contest, and the best one could be rewarded
My personal preference would be toward the quality argument. You could then re-run the contest for the next group of boards, that way keeping the whole thing going for a longer period and keeping GCompris in the forefront of people's thoughts for a longer period.

But may be we should think about how much people may join the contest,
if few the contest may have to be organized in accordance with that
estimate
That's quite true.

Concerning, the deadline, Bruno is probaby the right person to ask for.
I can give us a fair estimation (well maybe we have to multiply by two
his estimation). Bruno ?
If you relied on me for the development, you'd have to multiply by five or ten. :-)

--
If this helped you please take the time to rate the value
of this post; just click on the Affero link below.

http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=drloss

Doug Loss Courage is resistance to
Data Network Coordinator fear, mastery of fear --
Bloomsburg University not absence of fear.
dloss@bloomu.edu Mark Twain