Re: [school-discuss] Contest in GCompris board creation

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:38:10 +0700
David Bucknell <david@members.iteachnet.org> wrote:

> > I think this sounds like a very good idea!  Of course, all the EPI games
> > are in French (as you would expect), and so might be difficult for
> > non-French-speakers to understand.  Could someone pick, say, the first
> > group of EPI games and describe them to us so we know how they work and
> > what their educational rationale is?
> Hilaire and Bruno both write great English, and I will help, too, with the EPI
> game descriptions. I'll download and see what comes up in the next 24 hours.

Basicly you just need xdosemu and freedos. The source code of the games
does not help but in each four archives there are .exe. Each of this
executable is a set of boards.

Maybe we could set up a wiki somewhere so we can very easily comment on
that boards and add explanation. Is it something SF could provide? I am
cc to ofset-members@ in case someone can help also (Christophe?)

> I suggest those interested download and install and see what answers to the
> above we come up with and then write back to the list.

I think Bruno has already made a  test port, see there
 http://www.ofset.org/gcompris/boards/boards/hanoi_en.html

> Thanks for getting this ball rolling. I think this is a very important addition
> to the seul/edu ISO project.

Obviously

Hilaire