[school-discuss] Re: [gcompris-devel] Gcompris contest

Le jeu 20/03/2003 à 21:28, Hilaire Fernandes a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> The Gompris Board contest has now a wiki page at
> http://www.ofset.org/wiki/index.php/GCompris%20Board%20Contest.
>
> I have laid down the different point we exchanged. Also some paragraph
> requirs direct input from Bruno (the deadline one for example)

I've reformulated a little bit and added some information... so see
http://www.ofset.org/wiki/index.php/RecentChanges ;)

I hope you won't mind.

> + selecting a first batch of EPI boards to port. In the wiki I proposed
> 5 or 10 boards to port per contest. We need people to select the boards
> for the first contest. Eventually the batch must be arranged with easy
> and difficult boards to port, again Bruno you are the best personn to
> evaluate that point.

I just want to make somethin clear : is the contest limited to EPI ports
or not ?

I think it could be great also to reward other innovative additions, not
limiting to the EPI set (unless it's so good and exhaustive, of
course... I must say I didn't check and am not qualified to judge).

I propose that the contest might run on a yearly base (or a long enough
period), in order to be able to judge on several submissions by the same
people, or on major improvements. I'm afraid that only judging on a
batch of ports would be a little bit too narrow for a having a kind of
excellence reward...
I think it would then be more fair to be able to reward contributions to
the base code as well as development or ports in the plugins...

Just my 2 cents,

> Does my English makes any sense to you folks? If not I can reformulate.

Not perfect, but it's OK to me ;)

Best regards.

P.S.: I hope several students at INT (1st year of the Ecole d'Ingénieur
curriculum) will be able to produce interesting contributions... and
mabe win something in the contest ? ;)

--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger@int-evry.fr>
Ingénieur Recherche - Dept INF