Re: [school-discuss] FW: OpenOffice in education

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 09:50:15PM +0000, ian wrote:
> > > One of "extra features" in SO7 vs OOo 1.1 is QA.
> In what way? The QA procedures in terms of software debuhgging
> etc are common to both OO.o and SO7.

Obviously not, judging from ~year old experience with parallel
releases on some specific hardware (video artefacts with OOo, all
clear and somewhat faster with SO7).

> They are managed through the OO.o QA project and the guys could
> do with more help if there is anyone with time.

Ian, you don't have to convince me :-)  I've found myself using
OpenOffice build 633 or like that, and use OOo 1.1.x now, and
have served some considerable amount of OOo packages off our FTP
server (we do some half a terabyte monthly these days, and the
traffic is growing).

So it's not bashing but rather kudos to Sun folks who seem to
have found what to use to convince customers (besides brand).
They should earn something to cover the costs of running
OpenOffice.org and having fulltimers working on the project.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlinux.ru>