Re: [school-discuss] M$ SELLING Open Source.

alex@synchcorp.com wrote:
On Tuesday 16 March 2004 06:50 pm, Tom Adelstein wrote:

Khawar

That's not true.  You should check to see if anyone (like me) ever did
development for them and what kind of Non Disclosure Agreements we had
to sign.

I can only wonder what would motivate someone to make such a statement
as you did.

This presupposes that anyone has ever been told the truth about what M$ really
does in its business, regardless of their business arrangement with them. I
wonder what would motivate you to draw such a conclusion as you did.

khawar@atrc.net.pk wrote:

Did people know that M$ has been selling open source for more than a
decade ?

Thank goodness for the GPL, which allows anyone, regardless of their moral
standing, to be legally allowed to build a profitable business model on
principles that M$ themselves claim will not allow a company to have a
profitable business model under.

Alex
Okay - Microsoft has sold open source code under a proprietary license but they don't disclose it as open source and they don't publish the code.

This is simply a play on words - they're not an open source shop, period and they don't sell code as such.

Now, this whole thread is to faciliate disinformation and to brain wash.

SO however clever you might be - amuse yourselfbecause I doubt many others are amused.

This reminds me of a the story of the ballonist lost in the fog, lowers the ballon to find lawyers playing golf.  The ballonists asks where are we and the golfer says over the 16th green.

That may be correct but it doesn't help the ballonist does it?