Re: [school-discuss] M$ SELLING Open Source.

kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
on Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 03:18:05PM +1300, Chris Cormack (chris@katipo.co.nz) wrote:

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 09:12:02PM -0500, Maureen E. Duffy said:

This is no big secret; I doubt it would be violating anybody's non
disclosure agreements with microsoft.

Also, as I understand, the BSD licensing scheme fully allows for people
to profit from it in this way. So Microsoft has done no wrong with
respects to using open source code from BSD.

Selling software based on Open Source software is not the same as selling
Open Source software.

It's not?  I think I see where you're at (e.g.:  a proprietized TCP/IP
stack, or FTP client).  But selling SFU including a GNU toolchains
bundle certainly qualifies.

Peace.
I don't undertsand your point.  You're mincing words.  I tell you what, I forgive you.