Re: [school-discuss] Has this book already been written? - "Linux and Open Source in Academia"

On Tuesday 23 March 2004 11:05, Yishay Mor wrote:

> Wonderful initiative. If I may suggest, publish it on wikibooks, so that
> it gets maximum exposure and can be easily ported to other languages.
> http://wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks_portal

Thanks. I'd like to share the book with as many people as possible, and I
would love se see it translated to other languages and get contributions when
time comes and I have done the basics and defined the concept for the book.
But I am not sure if I like to publish it in Wiki-format. Please tell me why
I should prefer this format.

The Danish edition is written in DocBook/XML and therefore published in
different formats such as PDF, HTML, Palm-format, PostScript etc. Is is
placed in a CVS-directory so contributions from different sources is possible
with revision control. You can see it here:

	http://cvs.linuxbog.dk/?b=forsker

I am not sure which format to do the English edition in, but I guess it is
going to be DocBook/XML ahain - but I might start it up in LyX and later
convert.

But as said... Before working to much on the English edition I need to know if
a book like this already exists.

-j

--
Roskilde University, Denmark.
Department of Technology and Social Science.