Re: [school-discuss] Asus Eee PCs in Australian Schools

Andrew Hendry wrote:

>For example, an ASUS spokesperson told me Linux had been more popular with younger students for its "intuitive interface", while >Windows was more popular with older kids who were more familiar with the Microsoft OS and because it complemented existing

Are you looking for Eee PC specifically or just school children's reaction to Windows vs. GNU/Linux?  I recently ran an installfest that refurbished 350 Ubuntu desktop computers for underprivileged schools. (www.untangle.com/installfest)  We are in the process of distributing the Ubuntu computers now and I could put you in touch with a number of contacts if you like.  Please email mail me off the list if you are interested.

-Andrew Fife