From: Lincoln Peters
To: Schoolforge
Sent: 5/14/02 6:03 PM
Subject: Re: [school-discuss] Re: [seul-edu] Another threat

Could you argue that the school should teach students how to think as a
computer user, rather than how to use any specific application?  I've
never seen a curriculum designed for this, but it should be possible.

For example, if a class is meant to teach word processing, wouldn't it
make the most sense if the class taught the concepts behind word
processing so that a student could then figure out how to use them in
virtually any word processor?