[school-discuss] Fwd: RE: inclusion in the becta catalogue

Subject: RE: inclusion in the becta catalogue
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:25:55 +0100
From: besd <besd@becta.org.uk>
To: 'mikee' <meschman@engima.com>
Cc: besd <besd@becta.org.uk>

The Becta Educational Software Database (BESD) aims to provide an
independent, comprehensive on-line database for educational software for the
schools market.  BESD provides a mechanism for teachers and support
organisations to find curriculum-based software which can be purchased on
disk, CD ROM or DVD ROM, or downloaded from the web, and available in the
UK.  Subscription on-line services where internet access is required for use
are not included.  The software database was recently re-launched and the
first phase of redevelopment concentrated on curriculum materials which are
available on CD-ROM.  At this stage we have not expanded the criteria to
include audio book versions.  However as the database is developed further
we will constantly review this criteria and will keep your details on file.

Regards
Becta Educational Sofware Database Team

the system manager.