Re: [school-discuss] Well, they're coming to Salt Lake City... [Fwd: BSA Software audit]

Leon Brooks wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 May 2002 22:58, Jim Thomas wrote:
>
>>Is there a "we'll allow you to audit us at your convenience" clause in
>>the EULA?
>>

> Quote:
>
>     The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is licensed, not sold.
>
> They have a right to recover their product (when it says `my computer' the
> `my' in question is Bill, not the user), and/or:
>
>    Without prejudice to any other rights, Microsoft may terminate this
>    EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA.
>    In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and
>    all of its component parts.

Incidentally, I have a copy of Trinux on floppy that can fdisk even
OEM-prebuilt WinXP drives with the greatest of ease ;)

> ...to ensure that their product has been destroyed according to the agreement
> which you (in theory) accepted when you installed it.
>
> However, I don't see how the BSA gets to inherit Microsoft's rights.

Microsoft is a voluntary member of the BSA - therefore the BSA acts on
their behalf.

--
TJ Miller jr
OS/Networking Instructor