[school-discuss] Authentication advice needed please

We are trying to work toward a more useful implementation of Linux terminal services for us. We are having difficulty making the system so that users do not have to have a special user account to login into a terminal server.

We use sme-server/ e-smith version 6.01 ( http://contribs.org/ http://www.e-smith.com/ ) It uses samba 2.2.8a as a domain controller.

We need a terminal client solution that will authenticate to our domain controller using the samba server.

This would ideally be edubuntu 6.06 (which is to be released in a couple of weeks as we understand)

Any clues , suggestions or solutions gratefully received.

Peter

--
Free and Open education for all

Peter Ruwoldt