Re: [school-discuss] Scratch Programming Language

Hello All,

I am presently developing a drupal website (fun!) on
Critical Pedagogy and I am responsible for the section
on local indigenous knowledge.
I am doing a call out for anyone who has information,
links or contacts for work on curriculum, education,
journals that reflect First Nation and Inuit
experience.  THis can also be a focus on how
residential schooling has effected their educational
process.  I would be really interested to see what
technology First Nation schools are using.  Is it open
source?
Thanks alot!
Teprine
--- Stephen Downes <stephen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Joel Kahn wrote:
> >
> > Apparently, Stephen somehow caught Roberto's
> question while at the
> > same time missing my reply to it.
> >

> Actually... it's worse.
>
> What I missed was that it was a post to schoolforge.
>
> I was catching up on old correspondence. I try
> always to respond to
> every email I get, even if that response is
> sometimes delayed. I was
> doing a bunch of those. So I thought I was answering
> a question someone
> had asked me personally. So I sent off a response
> which was my best
> guess at the time, not even connecting it to the
> Schoolforge discussion.
>
> Anyhow, thanks to Michael Shigorin for completing
> this thread by passing
> along the article on why nerds are unpopular. A good
> read, and true to
> my own experience.
>
> -- Stephen
>
> ---
>
> Stephen Downes  ~  Senior Researcher  ~  National
> Research Council Canada
> Moncton  ~  New Brunswick  ~  Canada
> http://www.downes.ca  ~  stephen@xxxxxxxxx

<DIV id=RTEContent><FONT face="arial narrow"><STRONG>Teprine Baldo </STRONG></FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face="arial narrow"><FONT color=#0000ff>Bleu</FONT> <FONT color=#c00000>Rouge</FONT> Productions</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face="arial narrow">(514) 522-3168</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=arial></FONT> </DIV>