[school-discuss] Multiple Users - 1 computer | NComputing Solution

Hello,

I've been lurking here for a couple of years.  I help out with the computers
at my kids local K-8 elementary school.  About a year ago I got my hands on 2
NComputing L200 devices to allow multiple users to share 1 computer.  Each
user has their own screen, kbd, & mouse.  The applications run on the single
computer and the single computer supports multiple users and everything works.

I'm just getting around to playing with these devices and I was wondering if
anyone else out there is using these devices within their school and what pros
and cons there are to such a setup.

The NComputing devices are either directly connected to the network and then
"login" to a shared PC running WinXP and NComputing software -OR- NComputing
makes a PCI card that directly supports 3 remote users (10 meter limit from
PC) using standard network cable.  You can put up to 2 PCI cards in a single
PC that would provide support to 6 remote users and 1 user on the main PC.
This sounds like a great setup.

Still curious if anyone has any experience with these.

Thanks in advance.

Here is the URL  http://www.ncomputing.com

stew