[school-discuss] Which is the fastest Desktop distro for schools?

We are trying to promote Linux in schools. We have tied up with AMD to
provide PCs at low costs.

We want to find the fastest desktop distro so that the users can feel the
value of Linux.

I am in India. And the targeted audience is schools/students/teachers of
class 8,9,10,11,12.

The distro neednt have edu software, we will provide this by downloading from
the internet, we want a fast booting, fast loading distro with a good GUI and
we are not hell bent on KDE/Gnome.

Thanks in advance.

Arjun Asthana