Re: [school-discuss] Hello - OSS in government

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:13:00 +0200
 Michael Shigorin <mike@osdn.org.ua> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 08:27:37PM -0700, Chris Walker wrote:
Well, the main reason I'm writing is that a good friend of mine is a
state legistlator, and I have been trying to get him to "wrap his head"
around the idea of OSS in schools and government. Well, he has finally
come around and wants to take some action, possibly in the form of a
bill this year... and he wants me to help him.
Well we've had some experience in that area and are continuing
the efforts (no links since they're usable with Russian/Ukrainian
language knowledge, but if you decide that automatic translation
is OK -- no problem).

It resulted in open software and standards (pay attention to
standards!) ley here in Ukraine.

BTW, if you've still not been to groklaw.net -- be sure to get a
look, there just may be a community that fits the job.

--
---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlijavascript:doImageSubmit('Send')
Sendnux.ru>

Hi,
Thanks for the link to grocklaw.net I hadn't seen it before. I need to spend some time digging in there.

I'll have to give an update of my experiences when(if) any action actually comes about. Everything is still discussion and hypothetical right now.

Thanks again,
chris
Networld's Email is Powered by ModusGate and Spamhaus Project.
For more information about Networld's Services visit http://www.networld.com