[school-discuss] Welcome to Schoolforge!

Dear Robert Hawkins, MK Murlas, Kate Opalack,

Welcome to Schoolforge!

We look forward to working with you to promote open resources in and for education.

As you may know, Schoolforge membership comes with a few requirements. They are
not difficult or many in number, but they are important to showing solidarity
with the rest of the members.

First, please go to http://www.schoolforge.net/logos and choose a logo. Copy it
to your server, and display it prominently, linked to http://www.schoolforge.net.

Secondly, join the mailing list, schoolforge-discuss, if you haven't already.
You can join by completing and submitting the form at
http://www.schoolforge.net/sfdiscuss.php.

You will be automatically subscribed to the members-only list, schoolforge-core.
Don't worry; it's low-volume.

Finally, please participate in the discussions whenever you can. We're in this
to promote free and open resources in education. It's a group effort and only as
energetic as we are.

We look forward to getting to know you.

Sincerely,

David Bucknell
for Schoolforge Membership
==New members' descriptions follow:

Bangstate, Inc.

Bangstate, Inc. is a professional services firm committed to developing and
delivering the highest quality end-to-end customized enterprise applications,
advisory services, and product offerings below market cost to organizations
seeking efficient, innovative, and reliable software solutions and enhancements.
It is our goal to provide superior business solutions by applying scalable
technologies in a reliable and robust manner. We provide these services while
adhering to your budget and any system constraints. While we remain ahead of
current mainstream commercial offerings and provide a staff that can interface
and enhance those products, we also advocate open-source software solutions and
the use of wireless technology when and where advisable. We believe open-source
software solutions are often the most cost-effective, reliable, flexible, and
attainable in the expanding arenas where these solutions have achieved
sufficient maturity. Bangstate prefers basing our applications on open systems
in order to avoid keeping a client tied to any particular vendor. The predicted
longevity of open-source systems is unparalleled. The future of open-source
software is wide open and extremely promising. To that end, Bangstate, Inc., is
part of the open-source community. We regularly submit code for free and
unrestricted use. (http://www.bangstate.com)
Contact Kate Opalack kate@bangstate.com

itdc.edu
We provide open systems technology education & training, e-elearning,
consulting, and service solutions to Fortune 1000 companies. We offering
solutions that combine instructor-led, e-learning, mentoring, consutling and
education services. We also these same services to schools working with open
source at a reduced fee or no fee basis. (http://www.itdc.edu)
Contact MK Murlas mk@itdc.edu

OSPI

The Open Source Promotion Institute is an NPO in Okinawa, Japan focusing on
promoting the use of Open Source software in business, government and education.
(Official certification is expected in December 2002 - paperwork is submitted).
Our web site is Japanese only for now, but made at least bilingual(English) over
time. (http://www.ospi.jp)
Contact Robert Hawkins rbh@ospi.jp

--
http://www.iteachnet.org