Re: [school-discuss] Project developing free school server solution

We, in India, really need access to more educational software. If anyone
could give ideas, there are an army of programmers waiting to be inspired.
Yes, we do need international networks to make more educational software
happen! Three cheers for FreEDUC. FN

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:54:49 +0200
> Bjoern Scheuermann <bjoern@solution.de> wrote:
>
>       So what we'd really like to know is the following:
>
>       Is there any interest in a solution like this outside Germany?
>
>       Is it worth the additional effort to make this "international"?
>
>       And -- maybe the most important question -- are there people outta there (in
>       Germany or anywhere else) willing to put a little work into this? For example
>       helping us to stay "compatible" to other countries' school systems and
>       specific requirements during the planning phase, to translate documentation
>       and user interfaces, and maybe even to really participate and do some
>       planning/programming/maintenance?
>

> I am sure you know about the Skolelinux project, kicking and alive at
> http://www.skolelinux.no
>

> Hilaire
>
> --
> Let's support Kids, Education and Free Software
> Aidons les Enfants, l'Éducation et les Logiciels Libres
> http://rate.affero.net/hilaire

Frederick Noronha (FN)        | http://www.fredericknoronha.net
Freelance Journalist          | http://www.bytesforall.org
http://goalinks.pitas.com     | http://joingoanet.shorturl.com
http://linuxinindia.pitas.com | http://www.livejournal.com/users/goalinks
T: 0091.832.2409490 or 2409783 M: 0 9822 122436