Re: [school-discuss] usb pen drives and mini distros

BRAD0001@ameritech.net wrote:
My pen drive is 512mb and was only about $50. With prices plummeting and memory capacity growing, I would think that this would be a great place for Linux to take a lead. What could be greater than carrying your OS and files with you on a chain around your neck? I think an OS on an USB drive would be much preferable to a LiveCD.
Brad Nielsen
Except that you need a fairly new PC/laptop in order to boot from
a USB device.  It's a pretty cool idea for machines that can boot
them, though.

-Don

--
Don Christensen       Senior Software Development Engineer
djc@cisco.com         Cisco Systems, Santa Cruz, CA