Re: [school-discuss] bootable CDs?

Okay, to show the flexibility of the Slax system, and how bad I wanted to
avoid mowing my lawn, I whipped up a customized version of the EDU-Nix Dual
Mode CD II, it has Windows Installers for Tuxtype, Tuxpaint and Tuxmath,
Abiword, Childsplay and GCompris.  On autorun, a menu (should) popup allowing
you to select which program you would like to install.

In the Linux Live Environment, there is Gcompris, kde edutainment suite,
tuxtype2, tuxpaint, tuxmath, openoffice.org 2, stellarium, and more.  The
only thing I didnt yet implement in the live linux environment is childsplay
(i need a little bit to build a module for it and figure out the
dependencies, but one will be coming shortly...)

You can grab the "EDU-Nix II Brandon Edition" Here:
http://www.edu-nix.org/download/EDU-Nix_II_Brandon.iso
http://www.edu-nix.org/download/EDU-Nix_II_Brandon.iso.md5sum

I will also be writing articles on customizing your own cd and creating
modules for slax.  But first, it's either the lawn or sleep on the couch, if
you catch my drift.

Regards,
Shane

--