Re: [school-discuss] bootable CDs?

Howdy.

I have created a childsplay module as well, updated ISO has been posted (same
URL).
> http://www.edu-nix.org/download/EDU-Nix_II_Brandon.iso
Announcement:
http://www.edu-nix.org/announcements/2006/10/04october.php

EDU-Nix Dual Mode CD "Brandon Edition"
Windows Installation Files

    * AbiWord 2.4.5
    * Childsplay 0.83
    * Gcompris 7.4
    * Tuxmath 2001.09.07
    * Tuxpaint 0.9.15-2
    * Tuxtype2 1.5.3

Linux Live CD Environment

    * AbiWord 2.4.5
    * Celestia 1.4.1
    * Childsplay 0.83.1
    * Firefox 1.5
    * GCompris 7.4
    * Gimp 2.2.10
    * GimpPrint 4.2.7
    * GnuPG 1.4.5
    * Gutenprint 5.0.0rc3
    * KDE EDU Suite 3.5.4 (KStars, Kalzium, KWordquiz, Etc.)
    * KDE Games 3.5.4
    * KDE Graphics 3.5.4
    * KDE PIM 3.5.4
    * KTouch 1.5.1.5
    * OpenOffice.org 2.0
    * Python 2.4.3
    * Samba 3.0.22
    * TS Client 0.148.0.148
    * Tuxmath 2001.09.07
    * Tuxpaint 0.9.15b
    * Tuxtype2 1.5.3

For those who want to create their own custom CD, there is now the EDU-Nix
SlaxCenter, where you can download the modules you would like to include in
your own personal live cd.  All the necessary modules for Childsplay and
GCompris are included, along with instructions on customizing the Windows
Autorun and ISO Linux Boot Splash.  Mix and Match the software that suits
your organization on your own custom Dual Mode CD.

http://www.edu-nix.org/slaxcenter/

I will post a lyx and its dependencies article shortly, I recall someone was
looking for it as well.

Enjoy.

--
Shane