[school-discuss] linuxconf

Hi there!

Here is a question for the system administrator folks.

Back in the days when I used Red Hat and Mandrake, I used a tool called
linuxconf that was just great for my simple needs.

In the past two years I have switched to Debian based products.  My students use
Ubuntu-Studio, the Musix live CD, and sometimes Knoppix.  These are great for
classroom work.

However, I like to run a server in the classroom.  It is cool to have an
Intranet server, use ssh, ftp, and sendmail for classroom mail.  When I had
linuxconf, I could configure Apache and all of those other things in this one
handy little tool.

Apache is installed and running, but I want to setup my webmastering students to
access their own directories through ftp and ssh.  Ssh works, but not ftp.
Also, I want the kids to be able to run programs through ssh.  Pine works fine,
but it gives an xserver error when I try to run a GUI.

Is there some tool like linuxconf for Debian?

Thanks!

Marilyn