Re: [school-discuss] cinelerra - Help!

Raffaella and Jim,

Thanks!  Ah . . . yes . . . HV . . :)

I am using Ubuntu Studio/Feisty.  The incompatible dependency problem is almost
funny.  I go to install those dependencies, and then they give me an
incompatible dependency error.  And when I try to install the dependencies for
the dependencies I get another incompatible dependency error!  It seems
endless.

I am about to check repositories.  Or maybe I can do the download/configure-make
stuff to work.  Sometimes I get lucky.

Cinelerra might be fancier than I need, but we are starting out by using the
Gimp video features and Kino.  I definitely will want to go past those.  They
can keep us going for awhile, though.

Our computers have 1 gig memory.  They are not fancy like the one you have, Jim.
 :)

Thanks for the advice!!  I'll let you know what happens.

Marilyn

P.S.  From an earlier post . . . I have install Webmin, and I think that is
going to do the trick for my classroom server.  Thanks!

Quoting Raffaella Traniello <raffaella.traniello@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hallo Marilyn!
>
> > When I successfully installed it on my laptop, I included the download site
> in
> > the repository and then was just able to install it.
> It could be that you have different video software installed on your two
> computers and thus different dependencies.
>
> It looks to me that there are incompatible dependencies.
>
> > cinelerra: Depends: libmjpegtools0 (>= 1:1.8.0) but it is not going to be
> > installed
> Try replacing libmjpegtools0 with
> libmjpegtools0c2a
> libmjpegtools-dev
> mjpegtools
>

> >            Depends: libquicktimehv (>= 1:2.1.0) but it is not going to be
> > installed
> >              Depends: libquicktimehv (= 1:2.1.0-2svn20070520) but it is
> not
> > going to be installed
>
> > It is some sort of quicktimeHD type error.
>
> This is HV not HD.
> (Just a detail that becomes relevant when Googling)  :-)
> HV stands for Heroine Virtual, the upstream developing entity.
> http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3
> Quicktime refers to Quicktime 4 Linux.
> http://heroinewarrior.com/quicktime.php3
>
> Are you using Feisty?
> Which package are you trying to install?
>
> Ciao!
> Raffaella

:)