Re: [school-discuss] cinelerra - Help!

When I successfully installed it on my laptop, I included the download site in
the repository and then was just able to install it.  Below is the error
message I get now.  I have tried to install the missing packages, but have been
unable to make it work.

Thanks for your help!  Marilyn
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  cinelerra: Depends: libmjpegtools0 (>= 1:1.8.0) but it is not going to be
installed
             Depends: libquicktimehv (>= 1:2.1.0) but it is not going to be
installed
             Depends: libquicktimehv (= 1:2.1.0-2svn20070520) but it is not
going to be installed
E: Broken packages

Quoting Rich Goodwin <rich.goodwin@xxxxxxx>:

> Can you tell u show you did the install?  Where did you get it?
>
> Rich
>
> On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 19:09 -0700, Marilyn Hagle wrote:
> > Hi there!
> >
> > I need some help.  I installed Cinelerra with no problem on my Dell laptop
> with
> > Ubuntu-Studio on it.
> >
> > My classroom computers are also Dells with Ubuntu-Studio, but I have not
> been
> > able to get Cinelerra to work on them.  It is some sort of quicktimeHD
> type
> > error.
> >
> > Can anyone help me?
> >
> > :)
> >
> > Marilyn
> --
>
> GPG/PGP Key Id: 1B257AEC from pgp.mit.edu
>
> Remember, all Windows machines are, by definition, fault tolerant.
>
>               They run Windows don't they!!

:)