[school-discuss] Intel quad core vs AMD 6-core thin client server

Anyone have any experience comparing performance of a 6 core AMD CPU-based thin client server to an Intel quad core based server? I'm looking for a new 32-client computer lab server. I lean to the quad core since it's at least a generation ahead architecturally, but wonder if 6 cores gives better LTSP performance when students are really just doing OpenOffice and Firefox/Chrome 99.9% of the time. Best, Daniel