Re: [school-discuss] Crash the Super Bowl

It sounds like a really great project to learn from (supplied assets/resources to mash up into presentation) but at the same time I am sure that if I had a kid in school I'd not be happy for them to be developing promotional materials for snack-food companies.

Perhaps it's the time I've spent in California and a growing appreciation for organic foods - or maybe it stems my own quitting of drinking soda (which I would say is comparable to quitting smoking, having quit both) Although, I was on the 'programmers supplement' - of about a 2liter of Mountain Dew a day (no more.. no more!)

I'd say take the prize $$ and brand names out of the exercise, use the supplied assets as a model for creating a new set of assets that are specific to a different sort of subject matter. Say, "why to get out and visit this state park", or "our towns best non-profit" and have the students research & design materials for that. Then, maybe the organization could utilize the end product & cuteness factor, while the students learn something.

Justin