[school-discuss] T.H.E. Journal

I must be really behind here, because I just got my copy of the
August issue of the T.H.E. Journal today (T.H.E. is for
Technological Horizons in Education). For those of you unaware of
it, it's a good overview of how technology is being used in
education from early childhood through universities.

Anyway, there is a good article on Page 14 about the benefits of
OSS. They mention OpenOffice.org and RedHat in particular. Though
it's not mentioned in the article itself, the related links also
point to our very own OSEF (I say 'our' like _I_ had anything to do
with it, but still...).

I've found the online version at
http://www.thejournal.com/magazine/vault/A4088.cfm

More headlines = a good thing!

--
Kyle Hutson /  Director of Technology  / Rock Creek Schools:  USD323

smyle@rockcreekschools.org                              785-494-8591

Actually I am a laboratory mouse posing as an engineer as part of an

               elaborate plot to take over the world