Re: [school-discuss] OpenOffice in universities?

Harald Thingelstad wrote:
> http://www.kegel.com/linux/edu/
>
> You can put the University of Oslo, the largest university in
> Norway, on your list of universities using Linux.

Cool, thanks.  Is http://www.usit.uio.no/it/unix/linux/ the best
page to link to regarding Linux support?  Also, does that page
say the whole school supports Linux, or is it just supported at the
CS department?  My Norsk is a bit rusty :-)

> But we have a project going on here, where school administration at
> the level closest to government support Openoffice.org into
> norwegian. Latest news here is cooperation at the governmental
> level. There sure is interest, as the government doesn't see the
> point of paying more for software than necessary. Openoffice.org is
> seen as adequate by most who have looked at it. Just remember this
> is a question of economics, not what system is superior, though it
> *does* make it easier for our linux efforts to succeed.
>
> Hope this helps, I'll help with further contact if needed.

It helps a lot, thanks.  A link to the openoffice work would be
great if you can find one.
- Dan