Re: [school-discuss] math/science Linux desktop - The Achilles Heel

On 9/13/07, Bill Kendrick <nbs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 03:39:37PM -0400, Daniel Howard wrote:
> > You know Les, that's a really good point: there's probably a growing
> > market now for software trainers that specialize in Open Source
> > educational packages.  Since Open Source schools are no longer spending
> > that money on licenses, maybe now they can actually afford to hire a
> > trainer to come in...

that's what i am exactely trying to do in Sicily and, as i already
posted in another thread, i'll keep you posted with my efforts

i think that an approach "hands-on" is probably the best one, i mean
place teachers in front of FLOSS applications and let them play around
if they are not blind they will appreciate the difference in quality
and freedom, especially for teachin and buying edu-software

then, they'll tell the experience to their students
and the chain should grow, IMHO

--
roberto
OS: GNU/Linux, Debian