Re: The Kernel (fwd)

I miscommunicated the bogomips statement.  I was trying to say that
removing the drivers in no way improves instruction execution time. There
is no benefit in normal performance until you begin to thrash to swap.

I think it can be an expensive way to add an addition 1/2Meg of useable
RAM to the system.  IN OTHER WORDS, at the cost of 1/2Meg, you get a more
trouble-free system that conforms to the standard way of doing things.

George Bonser
http://www.debian.org