Re: The Kernel

In message <Pine.LNX.3.95.980119051639.2476F-100000@geeky1.ebtech.net>, paul@geeky1.ebtech.net writes:
>I dunno...  I REALLY don't like the idea of delivering a patched kernel to
>the customer.  They're going to want to upgrade, etc. and may not know how
>to patch the kernel.  I think we should ship a stock kernel if they want
>those patches, the user can apply them themselves.  TTYL!

I think it's safe to say that most users won't know how to patch a kernel,
and even if we provide some sort of neat GUI for it, most users won't be
doing that.

They will want to upgrade -- to a later version of the SEUL kernel. I claim
we can afford to modify our kernel however we like, as long as we know what
we're doing. Yes, it would be useful to be able to undo the patches, and yes,
it would be useful to be able to add new patches. But for most SEUL users,
they will take the kernel we give them, and that will be that. Let's give them
the best kernel we can.

--Roger