Re: XDM loop-o-death

Cyberdyn writes:
> See, many of you keep arguing that the complexity of Linux makes it
> impossible to stop the loop-o-death.

I don't recall seeing any such arguments. We have been arguing that it
needed doing, but not that it was undoable.

> I don't have a clue why nobody hasn't implemented this before.

Probably because XOpen maintains XDM, and they don't see any problem.  The
loop of death won't ever happen on a Sun or HP.

> So, what's the next argument against dropping a user into XDM?

None, as long as you make sure X is configured correctly first.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)