Re: [seul-edu] I can't get Linux at my School, but is there other ways I can help?

On Sat, 01 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> I have recieved some very disappointing news: any school in Ontario
> can't get Linux. The government is in the process of spending money on
> NT and Novell. But are there other ways I can help other communities? I
> am running the CLEAG, yet I still don't know how another website will
> help other people. I want to get involved and put my knoledge to use,
> but where do I start?

I have a less restrictive situation--my school runs a mac system and will not
switch--but what I'm doing is to solicit donated hardware and begin setting up
a small network in my room for teaching purposes. If I can get my network to
perform better than that of the school, then I'll have something to show them.

Just a thought.

--
Brian G. Fay on Linux
UCAP: http://www.ucap.org