Re: [seul-edu] Intro

Hi Bill:

The one I have installed is Yellow Dog Linux on my PowerMac 6400/200
MHz. Cost was $99. It runs fine, you have to partition the disk to
Mac/Linux/Swap. I use it to run and learn Linux, so I don't run anything
else right now.
You might have to get the source code and customize it for the Mac, I
don't know that much yet.
Perhaps someone else can give me their opinion.

Regarding Virtual PC with Red Hat Linux, I havent installed it, because
it requires a G3/G4 350mhz MINIMUM. and 96 Mb RAM.
I don't have one, but the box doesnt say on the outside the minimum
requirements. Seems Virtual PC does not require to partition drive, but
it  needs 1 gigabyte of hard disk space. I would imagine that it could
run any other Linux applications.  Cost was $99.00 at Compusa store. I
have used Virtual PC with Windows 95 and it works fine, have also
installed Win NT and it works on the Mac, just a little slow on my 200
MH Mac.

I will see if at work I can get a G3 or G4 to test it and let you know.
I invite you to visit our web pages at:
http://www.smcoe.k12.ca.us/ssfusd/as/linux/linux1.html
Your comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Emilio