Re: Re: [seul-edu] Linux + Apache - Student Administration System

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Dave Frankson wrote:

-->Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:38:46 -0500
-->From: Dave Frankson <dfrankson@qwest.net>
-->To: seul-edu@seul.org
-->Subject: Re: Re: [seul-edu] Linux + Apache - Student Administration System
-->
-->    Java is byte-code interpretted, but I wouldn't even call JSP a scripting
-->language.  Our persistent Java objects inherit from an XMLObject base class
-->that uses introspection to turn any data object into XML in only a hundred
-->lines of code.  Advanced OO-techniques like this would be hard to do in PHP.
-->

I use "advanced oo-techniques" in PHP, exactly which part of the above do
you have trouble with using php?  I'm just curious, as to which part of
your statement I'm misinterpreting... or perhaps you aren't aware of php's
OO capabilities?  Not trying to talk you out of or into anything; you just
peaked my curiosity.

-->I've been very happy with the work done by Apache, and we use 5 different
-->Apache open-source projects in our application.
-->

Great

Jeff Waddell
jeff@smluc.org