Re: [seul-edu] Free Software in Federal Sector (Forwarded attachment...)

Hi Harry,

Thanks for submitting your presentation to them: I'm sure they will be
impressed with your work in Arizona, and that DC will offer the
opportunity to make plenty of good Dept. of Ed. (or other education
related) contacts.

I just got off the phone with Kathy Moran, the call-for-papers contact at
the IDG federal expo thing. She was very excited about the idea of
incorporating education into their program. Kathy explained to me that
their federal free-software conference tracks are not yet
"concretized" and that there is gret opportunity to integrate education
into their program.

She said that she can extend the call-for-papers deadline for the
education community until MONDAY, APRIL 30 2001. (And that was stretching
things for the sake of accomodating our edu-area.)

I live about 15 minutes form the DC/expo location, and will be glad to
help facilitate our presence at the expo in 2001, however I can.

please send me any ideas, or whathaveyou.
  -Karl