Re: [seul-edu] Free Software in Federal Sector (Forwarded attachment...)

So we can list Education as a seperate track?  I was thinking about submitting  a review of free education software in LINUX, and wondering which track I put them into. Making it a seperate track is certainly a good thing.

Thanks.
J.

--

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:18:02
 Karl wrote:
>Hi Harry,
>
>Thanks for submitting your presentation to them: I'm sure they will be
>impressed with your work in Arizona, and that DC will offer the
>opportunity to make plenty of good Dept. of Ed. (or other education
>related) contacts.
>
>I just got off the phone with Kathy Moran, the call-for-papers contact at
>the IDG federal expo thing. She was very excited about the idea of
>incorporating education into their program. Kathy explained to me that
>their federal free-software conference tracks are not yet
>"concretized" and that there is gret opportunity to integrate education
>into their program.
>
>She said that she can extend the call-for-papers deadline for the
>education community until MONDAY, APRIL 30 2001. (And that was stretching
>things for the sake of accomodating our edu-area.)
>
>I live about 15 minutes form the DC/expo location, and will be glad to
>help facilitate our presence at the expo in 2001, however I can.
>
>please send me any ideas, or whathaveyou.
>  -Karl
>

>On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Harry  McGregor wrote:
>
>> Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:18:18 -0700 (MST)
>> From: Harry  McGregor <micros@azstarnet.com>
>> To: seul-edu@seul.org
>> Subject: Re: [seul-edu] Free Software in Federal Sector (Forwarded
>>     attachment...)
>>
>> I have submitted a modified form of my presentation for Linux World San
>> Francisco.  I would be really useful to make some contacts with the
>> Department of Education, especialy with Bush's cost cutting, etc.
>>
>> 			Harry
>>
>> On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Karl wrote:
>>
>> > check out the attached stuff, and call for papers.
>> >
>> >  -paul "karl" revere
>> >

>> --
>> Harry McGregor, CEO, Co-Founder
>> Hmcgregor@osef.org, (520) 661-7875 (CELL)