[seul-edu] grade book project

hello,

i created a new folder for "grade book project" and am dumping all
e-mails from the list to it (that concern gradebook).  each monday,
i'll publish the abstract of ALL requests/specs in the folder to the
list, hoping the list will make sure i don't inadvertently drop
something.  i will also attempt to impose order on the abstract,
hoping my mistakes in doing so will be noted by the list.

over this weekend,  i am finishing a guide for a student crew (high
school age) to edit gutenberg texts for audio production as audio
cds and .mp3s why isn't that good enough for blue linux :-)

has anyone tried out time machine / war of worlds at
http://www.engima.com ?  does it absloutely stink ?  am i (are we)
the only people in the world that think this is neat ?

after pinocchio, we're doing the south pole journals, so hands off
that one !  (i.e. please help us do audio books of entire
gutenberg).

i'm going to learn about blue linux now. (because i LIKE blue).

just a note - jazzfest is coming up (here in the big easy) and we
are doing a number of streaming broadcast, working with wwoz the
non-profit jazz station here.  i hope one day k-12 concerts and
student plays will be broadcast this way.  i think you could burn
cds of the concerts/plays and raise money for the school.  i also
think lecture materials might be done this way.

we have been doing streaming broadcasts for about two years - it
works great.
does that idea stink ? not that we'd stop - too high on the fun
quotient to give up.

you guys are fun.

mike eschman, etc...