[seul-edu] Re: M$ Audits (long) [was Re: MS targeting...]

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 02:51:30PM +0100, Chris Puttick wrote:
> My advice: start with StarOffice 6, not strictly an open source product, but
> is absolutely the bees knees and backed by a big brand name. If you want to
> introduce Linux, one common application on that scale helps enormously.
Yes -- and here goes one more thing.

Due to portability of large quantity of core applications that
can -- and "must" -- be used (and "compatible") in education, we
can demonstrate the software in win32 versions.

Go burn CD with win32 OpenOffice, Mozilla, GIMP, MySQL -- well,
LiteSTEP, TuxRacer and Solfege :-) -- and show it to the people
who *have* to decide which way to go.  We're after commercial
firms with this here and now.

(not StarOffice/Netscape6 to *me* -- "commercial" counterparts
get their bugs fixed far more slowly, but brand considerations
may well prove themselves being more inductive)

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlinux.ru>