[seul-edu] Re: MS targeting schools for software audits...

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 08:13:34PM +0100, Dan Kolb wrote:
> Simple - make an organisation that donates Sun Sparc or SGI (MIPS) machines
Is that really simple?

> to schools. They don't have the potential to run any Microsoft software, so
The problem gets worse -- read Evi Nemeth for an example of
what's better to do if you're offered FREE load of 9-mm tapes.

If "an organisation" has real job for sparcs, they won't give
them away that easy.  And if they're giving away junk -- children
will remember that one as a horror, together with all-non-wintel
propositions.

OTOH, I doubt old 486/Pentiums should qualify as "capable of
running winxp", though they can act as X terminals.  But that
could only help bargaining when the school is already giving in.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlinux.ru>