[seul-edu] Re: MS targeting schools for software audits...

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 06:06:15PM +0000, paul Sutton wrote:
> How do Apple feel about MS demanding a licence (and probable)
> fee for their software.
Not their -- MS Office (Word, IE, you know).

> I think I understand what is going on, if the machine is
> capable of running windows,  then in theory you can run an
> unlicenced copy of Windoze, so to protect their own money
> grabbing interests you need a licence for all computers,
Worse -- it's some sore mind counting all that "lost profit" it
could have if it were allmighty, and bending market strategies
(top of the iceberg) along that braindead assumption.

The same thing is going on with recording cartel -- they're after
royalties from CD-R/RW disks and drives manufacturers.  Just in
case someone will burn a film.

And all that "father care" of SSSCA/CBDTPA leads the same winding
way -- "just in case the device is able of..." -- so really, go
bug you senator with PAPER letter if you're in US, or our
corresponding people here in Europe.

The assertion that the government is really the most powerful
criminal in a given country seems to be plain truth.

PS: apologies for such harsh and definitely off-topic message.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike@altlinux.ru>
   ******** UKRAINE WITHOUT KUCHMA! ********